Diminished Value Claims in Washington

Does Washington Allow Diminished Value Claims?

Yes. The diminished value of your vehicle is recoverable in the state of Washington in third party cases and under your own policy’s Uninsured Motorist Coverage.

Is it mandatory for motorists to carry liability insurance in Washington?

If you drive a vehicle that is required to be registered in Washington State, you must have either liability insurance, carry a liability bond for at least $60,000, or complete a Financial Responsibility Application and Affidavit and show proof of financial responsibility as instructed on the form. Liability coverage must have a minimum coverage of at least $25,000 for bodily injury or death of 1 person in any 1 accident, $50,000 for bodily injury or death of any 2 people in any 1 accident, and $10,000 for injury to or destruction of property of others in any 1 accident.

Do you handle diminished value claims in Washington?

Yes. Although we are based in Texas, our services are available across the United States including Washington.

Washington Diminished Value Claims Information:

  • Statute of Limitations – 3 Years from the date of the accident.
  • From the at-Fault Party’s Insurance Company – Yes
  • Under your own policy’s Uninsured Motorist Coverage – Yes

Information by state

Washington Diminished Value Claims
Whenever you need a diminished value assessment or report, or an appraisal report for losses related to any vehicle – car, motorcycle, boat, or RV, contact EAG.
Wrecked Car? - Reclaim your Diminished Value