Diminished Value Claims in Michigan

Does Michigan Allow Diminished Value Claims?

No. Although Michigan law does not require insurance companies to pay for diminished value, you may still be able to recover up to $1,000 for damage to your vehicle not covered by your insurance company under Michigan’s no fault mini-tort statute (MCLA 500.3135(3)(e)). This is only applicable if your vehicle was damaged in a collision and you were not at fault.

Is it mandatory for motorists to carry liability insurance in Michigan?

Owners of passenger vehicles, vans, and light trucks must purchase Michigan no-fault insurance before registering their vehicle. With no-fault insurance, your insurance company pays for your medical expenses, wage loss benefits, replacement services and damage you cause on another person’s property in the event of an accident, no matter who causes the accident. The minimum amount of coverage is $20,000 up to $40,000 for bodily injury, $10,000 for property damage, and $1 million for Property protection insurance (PPI). Coverage must also include personal injury protection (PIP) that pays all reasonable and necessary medical expenses for your lifetime if you are hurt in an auto accident, and up to 85% of income you would have earned if you weren’t injured for up to three years after the date of the accident.

Do you handle diminished value claims in Michigan?

Yes. Although we are based in Texas, our services are available across the United States including Michigan.

Michigan Diminished Value Claims Information:

  • Statute of Limitations – 3 Years from the date of the accident.
  • From the at-Fault Party’s Insurance Company – No
  • Under your own policy’s Uninsured Motorist Coverage – No

Information by state

Michigan Diminished Value Claims
Whenever you need a diminished value assessment or report, or an appraisal report for losses related to any vehicle – car, motorcycle, boat, or RV, contact EAG.
Wrecked Car? - Reclaim your Diminished Value